Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all of those struggling for Letter of Need J1 - nipun
i went to health ministry in delhi yesterday and got the letter of need....it was prettty easy....i asked them if a candidate can send an application from US....they said u can send the application and we'll send the letter back to u, but i guess it will take long time....indian embassy people don't give that letter of need anymore and that was confirmed by the health ministry. the concerned official is Anita Puri (Under secretary to govt of india). her contact no. is 23063068
hope this helps

hi nipun
thanku for the info. what are the documents u need to take with u to the dept of health for the same. is there any specific period mentioned in the letter?
should u go in person or is it ok if someone else goes to the dept on ur behalf?
is there any under the table dealing? just wondering.....
and the address in Delhi.
plz answer these questions
found this posted in another forum.....

I am a resident (PGY-1)AND I have applied to Indian consulate ,DC, for extension for my J-1.I talked to them on phone and they asked me to send my documents(nobody mentioned that they don't do it anymore).Also, last year I got my statement of need letter for DC only as I was in U.S.It usually takes 15-20 days.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ISSUE OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE:

A copy of the Contract with the Hospital/Institute on the standard agreement form with a letter from the Program Director on the official letterhead with seal and contact telephone number.
A copy of Bio-data with your address, telephone number and if possible fax number.
A copy of your passport showing personal particular and validity of visa and passport.
A US stamped self-addressed envelope.
Written assurance in the prescribed form
FOR RENEWAL OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE:

A copy of the contract with the Hospital/institute on the standard agreement form with a letter from the program director on the official letterhead with seal and contract telephone number

A copy of previous No Objection Certificate.

Current IAP-66

A copy of the Bio-data with the your address, telephone number and if possible fax number.

A copy of your passport showing personal particulars and validity of visa and passport.

A US stamped self-addressed envelope.
Written assurance in the prescribed form

Their phone no. is 202-939-7005/7004.Try to conatct them and confirm details before sending documents.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

hi
i wanted to know if this is what we need to submit if we need to get letter of need or is there anything else to be added to this. I am asking for getiing LON from MOH, Delhi India. please clarify those who know about the same and contribute more about the same if u know anything else
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »