Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very very very urgent - residoc
From a different recent post titled "* can u withdraw from match after certifying but"

--
drbacosic - 02/25/06 01:40

I did the same last year. I was reported to ECFMG and the program I left sued me and I had to went to court. I has a penalty for 7 years without any participation in matching process and all medical authorities know my penalty and I was reported to all programs.
I hope you don't have any problems!!! Yes pray.
--
well, we assume that residoc did not certify ROL but a while ago registered with NRMP and forgot to withdraw. I imagine it is hard to forget to withdraw if you've been working on your ROL on NRMP website. But it could be easy to forget if you registered in October then signed a pre-match and never thought of NRMP site since.
to residoc

did u or did u not submit and certify you ROL?
If you did not, then you can't match.
did not certify ROL, he should probably be fine since he will not get matched anyway. However, he has access to the unfilled position which is useless for him, but potentially useful for his friends, correct? That is definitely part of the reason why NRMP requires people who signed prematch to withdraw from NRMP, in order to prevent these candidates misuse the list of unfilled positions. I am not sure whether this is why residoc did so. However, if residoc certified the list but also took a prematch, there is no excuse of "I forget to withdraw, or I forget not to certify". The only explanation is that he is not aware of the significant consequence of misconduct. Sure enough, if he is actually matched in NRMP, the truth is that there is one person supposed to match but end up losing the spot to residoc. This is the microscopic picture of this misconduct-produce 2 victims: the one not matched and residoc himself. As there are probably as many as 3-4 thousand candidates prematched yearly, can you imagine how things will be aweful if every prematched candidates "forget to withdraw". Here is the so-called "big picture"!!! I would like to see him try his best to correct the error-but I really don't know how at this stage-very very scary!!!
I do not agree with you Li. The spot should have gone to the next person on the list and not to the despaired mother who scored 78 who didnt even receive an interview!

And yes it is very selfish of residoc to participate in the match and signed a pre-match at the same time! Its a violation of NRMP rules and yes, there are severe consequences.The program where he doesn't join will definitely complain his name to NRMP........there is no doubt in my mind that will happen.

I'm not sure what can be done now.......if he doesn't match then he's lucky and may escape but if he matches at a program then you can very well say good bye to your career in the U.S.!
no ppl do not say so many bad things ,i have not enetered any list or programs at the nrmp site ,so for sure i will not match n block ant seat.neither i wanted an acess to unfilled position.i AM bound to my pre match contract.is it still of any harm?
Hi, Residoc,

What made you take such a long breath to tell the whole story? You are definitely fine if you didn't enter anything for your ROL.

Congradulations on your pre-match! Good luck to your residency!
Residoc, I am realy sorry it happened that way -and will pray for you! I wrote this message to express my appreciatiopn for the reply made by Li. that message about the possibilty of the chance going to the mom teaches us that we should always think possitive and open mind. Residoc please disregard the what tarsan is saying as some people are just venting their shaky status.
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »