Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 exam prep and my experience in exam - gyrocjp
prep

kaplan q bank first time 59%, second time 79%, third time 92%
u world q bank 3 times more or less same score as u world
uworld ccs ..did cases over and over till I had all of them down to memory. all of them.
MTB 3 ...twice
Kaplan videos ..4 times
Conrad fisher videos for MTB 3 ...2 times
Archer CCS workshop…..must do this…MUST DO THIS. best $88 i spent yet.
Archer videos.. twice
next step in management …...excellent book
UW assessment 1 month before ….predicted 210
NBME form 1….390 (was worried but took exam anyway) 2 weeks later

3 months to study total

last month studied from 6am to 9pm 7 days a week. on third time around for q banks, was doing 8 blocks everyday, plus CCS prep 35 cases a day…..so actual test day was shorter than my last month of prep. this helped me IMMENSELY…..study harder and longer than the real test…… then the real thing will seem easier, it did for me anyway.

Took test nov 19, 20th 2013…got back result in 3 wednesdays from test date.

actual score 216 PASSED

first day walked out not sure if I did well or not, second day felt much better. CCS felt good.

past exams
step 1 210/93 ….2011 jan
step2 ck 211/89….2011 dec
CS passed 2nd attempt……2011 nov

this is 3rd time in match for me, grad in 2008 FMG …..but I am an american.

sooo good bye to usmle.

have had 7 interviews so far, and having step 3 done for sure helps …..this is third time in match but is looking very good. step 3 for sure is going to be the deciding fact I think this year for me matching into family medicine.

this is exam is no joke. but please don't let others bad experiences freak you out. It is doable, you can do it. Just don't underestimate this exam. it is hard, but you can do it. take your studying seriously, study longer and do more blocks than the real exam in your prep, meaning do 8 blocks a day to see how brutal it is, the first day real exam has 7 and the second day 4, as you all know, so do more and longer studying in your final days and you will have the endurance. u world predicted me getting a 210…..so my 216 was very close. nbme does not correlate. 390 was not good……so it was wrong. don't do …it freaked me out after having done well on the world assessment. the assessments …both of them…. do not take into consideration the CCS portion, which I feel contributes more than 25% ……do very well on CCS and you will pass, if you don't do well on CCS and even if you do well on MCQ you can fail.

best of luck and if anyone has any questions…please feel free to ask me
sorry step 1 was 219
congrats gyrocjp, please can you leave your email id. i desperately need to ask you few things thanks
u studied a lot..gud prep

i gave d test only after doing uw mcq's n very lil archer.lets c wat happens
Nice Job Gyro Smile
Congrats! You're a studying machine!
wow...u really studied hard
hw many mnths US clinical experiences u hv?
2 years now
Congrats on passing. =)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »