Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used www.mastertheboards.com? - jsd
Has anyone used the lectures:
http://www.mastertheboards.com/store/int...bscription
from Dr Fischer?

The Internal medicine lecture subscription is $695.00 for 1 month.
The Step 3 High Yield lecture subscription is $395.00 for 1 month.
This seem very expensive as Fisher has already done part of the Kaplan Lectures?

How does this compare to Kaplan or Acher?
these are review courses based directly off the MTB step 3 book and Internal Medicine Board review q. book with detailed discussions for each question during the video lecture reviews. I, along with a colleague of mine, created both of the courses as far as data input goes so I know exactly what's included in them Smile .. C.F. and N. Sonpal are both close friends and colleagues for whom I do consulting work for.

These courses are best if you don't actually want to read the books yourself and want to get side information or an easy way of remembering the information because its presented in video format and with Conrad's unique ways of remembering things bc of his crazyness during lectures, his mnemonics, his antics.. etc
Thanks for quick reply doctam3
I really want to cream the exam!!! but did step 2 ck 5 years ago.

I have started reading the MTB step 3 book but am thinking about purchasing the IM course to give me a more detailed review for IM for the Step 3 and those awkward step IM questions.
I have looked at many step 3 IM questions and there is a good proportion that are so difficult to answer no matter what you read!

Does the IM Board review course overlap with USMLE step 3 questions??? Please advise

Thanks
the IM Board review course includes questions for all IM and subspecialties of IM only. It doesn't divulge into any of the other topics (aka surgery, obgyn, psych, peds) .. so in a way it does get into some of the things covered in step 3 since IM is the biggest chunk of questions on a step 3 but you'd be missing out on the rest.

However, the IM course goes into immense detail on the IM part on all topics and the questions are actual IM board questions that only residency training would give you some sort of insight on how to answer them. Uworld step 3 questions seem cake compared to the IM board review questions (imo anyways). If you're weak in IM .. definitely go for that course, however if you think you have IM controlled somewhat..its a toss up in terms of whether or not you should get it.

the IM board review course was created from the 2012 - 2013 version of Kaplan's Internal medicine board review question book.
Hey there jsd! I had the Step 3 subscription from medQuest, mastertheboards.com and loved it and am getting ready to purchase the IM videos. Find me on skype and we can chat about it, I can give you better detial. doctam3 gives a good summary and he/she is coming from a place of experience but I think he is selling the course short a little bit as I think the video course expands on the book tremendously! And I disagree that Fischer has already done part of the Kaplan lectures but maybe I don't understand what you mean. He created the Step 1 and Step 2 HY for Kaplan but they weren't creating a Step 3 HY so Fischer did it on his own, and talk about a good summary.

Using Step 3 medQuest right now. I loved all the videos except OB/GYN. But that is because no one can replace Dr. Sakala (full kaplan videos for OB/GYN are must watch).

Do you guys recommend IM videos for step 3 ??? They are way too expensive though :/
to be frank.. i wasn't selling anything short.. my response was given from what my opinion was. to each their own.

but yes, if you're gonna do the video courses.. the recommendation is to do the mtb step 3 course FIRST before doing the IM review course as that course expands on knowledge already covered in MTB S3 course
@step3q .. we had a 50% sale going on for one day on xmas day for all courses. Will ask CF if another sale is planned for new years or anytime soon and if so will create a posting on here for it Smile
Many thanks for your very helpful replies.
doctam3 I kicked myself when I missed that 50% sale!!!
I am using Kaplan videos for the full reviews but really want to do well on IM.
superpancreas I will try and find you on skype

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »