Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anybody recieved rejections from these IM prog - imatched2014
@drpepper4u ok at least you have a backup plan then. Do you know exactly what kind of visa you would be on? I was thinking of doing some observership or research in case the match doesn't work out this year. However, I'm not a US citizen either. Obviously I need some sort of visa but I don't even know which one is it.
I have read somewhere that you can do research on J1. But now that depends if any research places will sponsor you for the visa. So maybe you should try to contact programs for research opportunities. I tried last year without any luck Sad
I see, but honestly I'm not sure if I want to be on J1 just to do research or observership. Unfortunately there are so many complicated issues with this type of visa (a lot of which I probably don't even know about at the moment). So if you're on J1 for research and then do residency later on with the same type of visa, you may possibly end up in a very difficult situation. Something to be careful about I think.
Interesting. That being said, you can only be on H1 with step 3. So maybe we should finish that and also to be competitive for next years match Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »