Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help .....other option - callexner
Hi, I am an old graduate and attempted usmle couple of times but wasnt sucessful. I am not interested to retake it any more .... looking for something else in medical feild. I have taken most of the prereqs for PA program but no luck as it is very competitive. How about MPH or MHA or something else. Can someone please advise me?
Usually, PA is the next best option but if u find that competitive, you can try to be a RN(registered nurse) they get the same salary as physician assistant and well respected. plus you can do it in 1year plus its only one exam. while working as a nurse and earning some cash, u can prepare for usmle at your own pace. thats what my uncle did when he couldn't pass at once. kindda similar story with yours
best of luck pal
Thanks bojs212, I thought about RN, not sure if it requires one yr to finish, do you have more information how to become an RN in one year? I think I will be too old to take usmle then I m 44 already lol.
its never late to go for your dreams. never ever late. you should never give up on your dreams but instead find way around it. To become RN, You need to take NCLEX exam. follow the link below for scheduling. kaplan is good for this course and its doable https://www.ncsbn.org/nclex.htm best of luck
Thank you so much bojs212 for your help , just one more question, do i have to take NCLEX exam only or I have to go to attend a nursing school for certain time and then take their exam?
i dont want to discourage you but you said - then I m 44 already "lol"

IMHO - "lol" shouldnt be there , there is nothing to lol , and this "lol" tells that you "lolled" during your step preparation.
Thanks for your input rnpjpb but it doesn't make sense wht are you trying to suggest other than lol and that I m too old.. I know I am too old but I don't want to stop because its too late I want to get into some program to get a degree....I have US citizenship and I have a respectable job but I feel like I should do something, I hope that make sense.
i'm not sure but i think you have to take a nursing school that prepares u for the program, and thats i i said it takes 1 year altogether. i might not be right, i will find out and let u know for real
Thanks bojs, I will be looking forward for your response.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »