Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super dissapointed! need help - burkitts
i was in the same situation as fmg8 last year .

i agree with tonybera , demba2002 & fmg8

if u dont pass u will get a even more hard time not only by ur school but when applying for residency .

i wish u all the best in ur next nbme & able to get a good score to be able to take exam
Do first aid and USMLE world questions. There will be direct questions from first aid on the exam. Make sure u revise all of first aid the week before the exam. DO NOT GIVE UP...I KNOW HOW U FEEL.
You need good marks in Step 1 as residency is very competetive. If you fail you can forget about getting residency. So my suggestion is to get usmle world and do all the questions subjectwise. Read and understand the explanations very well. If you have any question refer to the forums, books etc. but make sure you understand the answers. Then do the incorrect questions again and again till you get all right. Repeat for each subject. Repeat the same till you start getting 98%-100% in all subjects and you understand the subject and explanations of each answer. Then do mixed questions. If you keep getting above 98% you should then start doing NBME and also fred questions. I recommend doing at least five of the latest NBMes online and the rest offline. Understand the answers very well, and read about the subject if you have any questions You have to give more hours now to be ready for the exam on 24th, but if you still feel you need more time then please postpone for 15 days to a month. It is better to be late than to jeopardize your chances of getting a residency. Good Luck!!!
If you have questions please let me know.
hey guys, so i went over all my wrong questions from my nbme today, i made such stupid mistakes, and looked up answer for each question, and 75% of the stuff was in FA.. so i think i need to read my fa carefully.. some questions i really screwed up and were straight foward.. THANk u all for the advice and support. I plan on reading my FA again within the next 4 days thoroughly and giving another nbme and taking it from there.. i'm just looking to pass now, because its been just too long and im mentally and physically exhausted.
sunnybacha,it is a very good suggestion to make a group to give hope in these last days.
my skype: neda201210
burkitts, only you know what you are willing to handle, so if you just want to pass then do so. Only, a low score does hurt you when applying for residency. Regardless, passing is now 192, so I recommend you take the exam when you're getting 210-215 consistently on the NBMEs (for some "breathing room").
UW has question on the important topics mostly asked in exams and that is why it is very important to learn UW 100%.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »