Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter from PD saying..... - md14
What should i make of this....in a mailed letter -

"As your travels come to an end, I hope you will give strong consideration to our program"

Any input appreciated.
good sign
Nothing. Seriously, that is a generic statement that they probably sent to everyone they interviewed. Did anything in the letter seem personalized?
Well it's addressed to me, and the first paragraph mentions i made a good impression listing my interviewers by name. Then talks about the program...and ends with what i wrote in my original message.
generic email...they just insert your name.

All the programs that you interviewed at would want you to strongly consider them.

PD didnt say that "you are being strongly considered." Even then I wouldnt read into anything. I hate this match bs, we get our hopes up so easily and then get screwed later on. Almost makes me glad that some of the programs do not bother responding to thankyou emails! lol
be happy with the letter but never read into post-interview communications. just as a lot of applicants send emails to all programs saying "your my number 1" or "ill rank you highly" even though it may not always be true, programs do the same. im saying this based on experience last year from various people. take it with a grain of salt.
hey guys just wanted to know, what if the PD replies saying he/she will take the application seriously!
i have now matched honey emails (post interview communication) from about a handful programs with some applicants i interviewed with. result is that the message content remains the same. they change the name of the person the email is being directed to. general content written in the email is - hope to see you soon or hope you get your #1 choice or we really like you visiting our program. if you people have all this probably does not mean much. at least some of the colleagues i have talked to have same emails with same message content.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »