Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about Certifying ROL - alen
hello guys,
I have certified my ROL. Then i received an email from NRMP stating that I have certified primary rank order list. my questions are:
1. what does primary rank order mean? Btw The programs are only IM.
2. Is there anything that i should do, Other than praying? before the match process?

Thank You and GL
Hey Alen,

This is from NRMP. "Your primary rank order list could include preliminary, transitional, categorical, and advanced programs. These programs on the primary rank order list are the key to the computer algorithm used for The Match. Supplemental rank order list(s) are used if you are ranking advanced (PGY-2) positions on your primary rank order list and also want to secure a first-year (PGY-1) position. It is possible for you to match to an advanced position, but not to a first-year program, which would make you “partially matched.” If this occurs, you are committed to the PGY-2 position, and then must seek a PGY-1 position through the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance ProgramSM (SOAPSM) or after Match Week."

Hope this helps. I think you're ok. I don't think you have to do anything else, as long as it reads certified.
@fam1st,
Thank You!
You're welcome! This is a scary process. I'm scared I'm going to forget something too! :O
Yup, if you are ranked to match by a program(ie your ranked position is not greater than their number of spots) and you even rank that program as number 20 in your list of 20 programs there is no way you will go unmatched.
http://www.nrmp.org/match-process/match-algorithm/
Thank you, finger! I just read it. I was confused that my position on a program's list would be lost, and given to the next candidate in line if I did not rank them high enough, but I understand now though. Thanks! Smile
Friends,

do programs use a computer scoring system to rank candidates on their list for the match based on Usmle scores, other criteria in addition to IV performance. Or they just put the candidates they like from 1-n number of spots they have for the match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »