Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transfer from canadian to US residency program - uniquedoc
Hello, is it possible for someone in a Canadian residency program to transfer to a program in the USA after 1 year? It would be due to personal reasons. I know the return of service contract is binding, but it can be paid out. Essentially, that 1 year of residency plus administration costs would have to be paid. However, this is all I know.

Has anyone heard of a successful transfer from Canada to USA? Does anyone have experience with this?
Perhaps, since its a "personal reason", they would make arrangements and adjustments just for you.
Thanks for the quick reply! It would be marriage. I should have been more specific.
I'm wondering if ACGME accredited programs would take a transfer from a non-ACGME program, as I don't believe ACGME accredits Canadian programs.

I don't know the answer, but that may be a problem.
as i know u can not transfer from u.s to canada or vice versa.....but u can do some researches regarding this issue....because it has 2 different matches,process,and criteria....
Thanks for your replies. I am trying to find out if Canadian programs are acgme accredited. I can't seem to find information except that it is accredited by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada. If anyone knows this please post here! I would appreciate it.

I was thinking about transferring to USA if there was a vacant spot, in case a resident quits in PGY-2.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »