Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched with a single interview!! - sunimim
Yes I did!!.. Scores 243/248/pass/231.. all first attempt.
YOG 2009
2nd Match season.. didn't match last year with 2 interviews.
Did a couple of observerships. one at a private doctor, one at a very renowned hospital. Continued with volunteering at the same hospital.

Please do not give up hope. How I found observership at a big hospital without any contacts: I emailed about 50-100 docs from the hospital . Found their email addresses from pubmed. One of the docs replied which gave me an excellent opportunity to shadow.

Congrats to al those matched and good luck to those who did not match for next season!!
you had only 2 interview and one IV with those scores???? something is not right? did u apply for derma or what?
No, I did have my cs results when I applied. took step 3 later. I also have gap on my CV and need visa. Last yr without any experience or US LORs or CS or STep 3.. This year I applied with all of those
Still surprising that with those step 1 & 2 scores you only got 2 ivs.

I know many Visa needing IMGS with less that got atleast 4-5 ivs
May I know which specialty?
I matched with just one interview too! Applied really late and got just one IM interview. I didn't have high hopes but had very strong faith.
congrats Sunimim - I have question, could you forward me your e-mail address pls @mitul85 thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »