Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick SOAP question! - neuron13
How will the unfilled prelim programs know I have matched to an advanced position? I guess, if they know it, this might increase my chance. Any thoughts about this? or How should I do to inform them before anyone initiate contacts with me?
I am worried about losing the advanced position ... Thanks for any help!
You should wait til they contact you and then you can express to them it would mean a lot to you to get a prelim so you don't lose the advanced position.

Also, I think after Thursday 5 pm if you did not get a prelim, you can call your advanced program and see if they can help you get a prelim spot in their institution. Some have got it that way, but I do not know how many people.
Thanks, nucleo.

This is a real pain. I feel the MATCH algorithm is defective. People invest double amount of time, energy and money in order to secure both prelim and advanced positions. There is apparently short of prelim spots for people who are already offered advanced spots. You lose all if not having a prelim. They don't care about this at all and don't give any priority to these candidates.

Besides that, i was told clearly that the combined spots are only for AMGs. Such an unfair play!
neuron13 - i personally know ppl who matched into combined spots and they were imgs requiring visa.
Sometimes the program might help you or create a position from you which is what happened with another friend i know in last years match. Don't under estimate your luck. Keep your hopes up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »