Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency medical technician - successgirl
Hi guys , what are you thoughts on doing an EMT course and working as an EMT to obtain USCE? Do you think it will help the cv? Does it count as hands on clinical experience?
not much value unfortunately.
I dint know about the value for USCE , but it is a good job
@xiang why not much value? EMT's get to medicate patients and stabilize them till they get to the hospital. Just wondering
Well, just like @step3md said it's a great job, but from perspective of USCE, programs are looking for experience at a physician type work setting. It is difficult and frustrating i know. If you do work as an EMT try and take some time off to get USCE (obververship, clinical research etc).
I think what xiang means is that USCE requires clinical experience as a physician, i.e. thinking and then doing, which requires more finesse than just reactivity. Whereas EMT is a very impulsive, reactive technical job; very important job nonetheless.
You can think of it as comparing a dishwashers task to a chefs! I don't mean this in a disrespectful way at all, as both jobs are needed to prepare the food.
I see, thanks for the response guys. But someone told me that it at least gives you something to talk about on the iv's
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »