Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfilled spot, - apple
When do we get unfilled spot information, please let me know
we already did. Except you mean unfilled spots after SOAP in done, then that will be tomorrow. But I have a feeling there won't be any really after SOAP
@apple
The unfilled spots are all given in SOAP. There will be nothing left at the end of the process.
I've heard there are a bunch of prelim-surgery left open even after SOAP. Is this true?
Yes.. based on the previous the data published regarding the previous two years of SOAP, surgical prelims are usually not always filled. But I must caution you....there is a reason why that is... it's most of the time a dead end... esp for IMGs who try use it possibly getting PGY-2 openings.. sadly this plan is rarely realized. Futhermore, based on my exp during my clincial rotations and their shared exp on forum boards, the prelims get scutted hard.

You do get clincial exp and income but know taht you are using one year of your GME funding on this and this could be an issue for your future plans if you start back to square one (programs may not take you citing funding issues).

Research this for a bit with google and you can see other individual experiences/advice regarding this.
I knew about this dune89 - & ideally, I end up in FM. I know it's going to look weird to FM programs when I apply next year that I have got a year of prelim surgery. But I was going to start cold-calling the unfilled prelim surgery positions after Match 'cus I'd rather end up with a position. I don't mind scutting. I was a 3rd year at a REALLY scut-heavy NY hospital. It's still a whole year of USCE is how I look at it. Is that right?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »