Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3: Is it too hard? -
SJ - sj6328

I am just wondering that if Step 3 is very hard. So Step 3 passers, please let me know how you studied for it? What books, materials you bought? Did you took some online courses? How much time you devoted? I failed three times and this time I am desperate to pass. Please help me with your expert opinion.
Yashar

Hi, I hope u can pass this time. I have questions.
How can we register for this step before being admited in any residency?
How much is its fee?
is it's score somehow importan for match?
Thanks for answering
SJ

http://www.usmle.org/
http://www.usmle.org/step3/default.htmCheck these sites. You will find lots of information there. General inquiries regarding the USMLE:
USMLE Secretariat
3750 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3190
Telephone: (215) 590-9700
E-mail: webmail@nbme.org

I hope this will be helpful. You ca ntake step 3 after passing step 1 & 2. Fees for Step 3 is $600.
Sam

Dear Doc,
nothing is hard in this life. i took step 3 two times and i passed. My advice to you is to practice the CCs as much as u can and do the Kaplan Questions online. these 2 things made me pass
i would be more than happy to answer any question u have
goodluck
Try usmleworld for CCS

try www.usmleworld.com Its excellent. Intially I was so scared. After reading usmleworld I got much relieved. hopefully they will add more cases before my exam.
Raymond Dewri - raymonddewri

Dear Doctor:

Step 3 has the highest failure rates among all the Steps among foreign graduates. I think part of reason is that it is hard to make time to study for the exam in residency. I found the Textbook: Family Practice Review by Richard W. Swanson very helpful in passing the exam with good score.
Also the USMLE site has released 150 items in their website with descriptions of materials tested. Make sure you know the answers to all these. Good luck. Ray
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »