Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for the help! I have one more CK Q - toyonaka
Hi guys, I found this in the archive, but the correct answer has not been figured out. A is not the right one, someone says H is also wrong, then which one is correct?

A 57 year old woman comes to the physician because of difficulty sleeping, tearfulness and restlessness since her daughter was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer 3 days ago. She reports that when she goes to bed at night, she is unable to fall asleep for several hours and lays in bed worrying about her daughter's situation. The patient underwent a mastectomy 7 years ago. She takes acetominiphen/butalbital for occasional migraines. Her vital signs are within normal limits. Physical exam shows no abnormalities. On mental status exam, she is tearful and tense, but calms during the conversation. There is no evidence of suicidal ideation. Which of the following is the most appropriate next step in management?

a) Biofeedback
b) Carbamazepine therapy
c) Clonazepam therapy
d) Clonidine therapy
e) Imipramine therapy
f) Olanzapine therapy
g) Phenobarbital therapy
h) Sertraline therapy

Thx again, plz help!
C) maybe help her sleep better ! this is normal grief for her so she doesnt need any SSRI,s or antipsychotics , antiepileptic or tca !
but as she cannot sleep for hours so maybe help her sleep better ?
tnx !
pliz post the right answer !
Thx, I think u r right. I don't have the right answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »