Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q micro/your answer please? - acestep
E.coli is the number one cause...sorry i didnot get what u were saying @acestep..u say its sapro?
I remember the line from Micro-Kaplan LN saying yes sapro is the cause of Honeymoon Cystitis but it comes after E.Coli. I might be wrong or have seen something wrong. But still I have my money on E.Coli.
if Dr cardio answered saprophyticus, then it is saprophyticus.....problem solvedSmile
FA 2014, pg # 542
No doubt on that, cardio says sapro then sapro....just waiting for his explanation Smile)
ok cardio answer....acestep believes in u so much.....Smile

comeon , leave the match....answer....
Dr. Your so kind

Harrison
In acute "uncomplicated cystitis" in the U.S, the etiologic agents are highly predictable: E. coli accounts for 75–90% of isolates; Staphylococcus saprophyticus for 5–15% (with particularly frequent isolation from younger women pat 21); and Klebsiella species, Proteus species, Enterococcus species, Citrobacter species, and other organisms for 5–10%. Similar etiologic agents are found in Europe and Brazil.
In complicated UTI (e.g., CAUTI), E. coli remains the predominant organism.
Robbins say saprophyticus is a common cause of urinary tract infections in young women ( Pat 21)
And scenario don't say if less then 24hrsSad and NO info NOvobiocinSad

lets hope this kind q not gone show up Smile but I guess sweety is rt better go W FA.

oh well.....thanks cardio.....i hope it clears acestep doubts.....

thanks for the answer.....
Thank you cardio. I was basically saying it for two reasons 1. FA 2. Pathoma
Thank you for much more info on that.
thank you so much guys
now anwer is B e coli according to Dr cardio explanationSmile
thx all especially to our reference Dr cardio(bowing).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »