Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cALLING ALL CURRENT RESIDENTS TO HELP! PLEASE - shigatox22
hi can yall tell me what exactly i should look for in each program, like what exaclty made yall choose the programs you applied for besides meeting requirements to be elidigle for a interview. what would be deciding factors that make me choose wether to rank programs also besides location. it seems most programs offer pretty much same rotations and call schedules...what sets each other apart and wat are deciding factors??

THANKS AND BLESS YOU ALL!!

GL
Do your research ..... don't ask others to spoon feed you. This is what we look for during interviews.
You can do it. Work for it - no short cuts.
Regards
current resident
^ agree with Russia.

you should know what youre looking for or what you want to pursue..based off that do your own research .. google is your friend not your enemy.
Im not a current resident but, i think this is a subjective matter. Everyone has different perspective of what environment he wants to be with during the next few years of life.
What makes sense to me and can tolerable or excellent..etc might not work for you.

So, i think Russia said the same thing i did but in another way.

Good luck!
This is not asking to be spoonfed.

I bet you guys asked similar questions in the build up to your applications.

A little guidance wont hurt.
thank you @ crafted for understanding my question!!!

i ask what made YOU choose your program
1. research oppurtunity
2. call schedule
3. Rotation Schedule
3.fellowship oppurutnity
4.benifets
5.Uni vs community
6 Good teaching at establishment
7. other? please explain
8. No other choice

no way is this question asking to be "spoon fed", i know during interviews we will learn more about the program besides whats on there website,
thanks
Shigatox22,
I'm not sure if Im the right person to answer your question but, will tell you whatIm really looking for:
My passion is psychiatry! Now I have the following points: im an old graduate, and had one attempt in cs.
So by deafult I will filter many programs to suit my case.
Then once I get interview(s) I will make sure to not leave any stone in this program unturned.
If I have more than one program to choose I will look at the clinical research chances and the fellowship also.
I dont really care about the call schedule or rotation as I know ultimatly I will be trained well !

I learnt to tailor my application and my state of mind according to what I have. I got almost the same feedback from several residents who went through the same process in the past.

Academic setup versus community setup may be related to your interest in the academic and research track that may be offered other wise I dont think it really matter as far as they are accreditted as residency programs.

Hope this will help you little bit.

Best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »