Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Minnesota - strugle
@nomad,
Is Mercy hosp[St.Louis] program,Missouri, IMG freindly?What about Atlantic health[overlook] progm,NJ. Both for FM?Thanks

I would not apply to any programs in NJ and PA. These two programs are flushed with applications from US and top foreign med schools like SGU, ROSS, SABA. My friends got interviewed (not accepted last year) and him along with other students told me that they are not very IMG friendly. I applied two programs in NJ, none of them downloaded yet. I wish i would have listened to my friend.

As for Mercy Hospital (St. Louis), i heard good things about Missouri and mercy itself. Two of my friends got matched into pediatric neurology there and their scores were just average. I think should apply to St. Louis, but not NJ and PA (trust me, definitely not PA----not friendly at all). My friends pretty got jammed with questions...for instance, they asked him to tell them about a case that he saw during his rotation and he talked about GBS...they asked what's the treatment that my friend chose (he chose IVIG)...they asked what's the most common s/e of IVIG? ....

answer: IgA deficient---cause a paradoxica increase in IgG and cause a massive release-->fatal; aseptic meningitis is another one.

Sorry to make it long, just try to save your some money and time
@nomad,
thanks a lot.
not a problem at all. btw i applied there too. might see you for interview or might the same rejection letter in the same day like previous program Allina Heath center
Yeah I got this supplemental form just now. Everyone who applied should have it already or will get it soon.
i thought i could smile for getting it.. just a little bit...
did u guys get the email twice i got the supplemental appli to fill it twice...
I got it once
@pray

Nope, it seems they want you really bad
They sent it to everyone last year as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »