Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ophthalmology - girlinterrupted
Anybody got into Ophthalmology?
How to go about it , if you want to get into it?
Got 2 gold medals in Ophthalmology last year by President Musharraf. Will this help ?
Sigh! I love Ophthalmology so much , I feel so dejected knowing nobody got into it. I'll leave medical profession if I don't get the residency.
Have to apply next year..
?????
Don't give up. I know 2 IMGs who got ophtho. One worked as a research assistant in Ophtho for 2 years before she matched at the program that she worked for. The other one was my friend from the Philipines. He did oph residency in his country and match for cat IM. During his annual vacation, he did 4 weeks observership in oph in a university program where our hospital affiliated with. There was one coming resident dropped out so chief resident suggested him to the program. He got an interview and got in there.

I thought the same as you. If I don't get path, I would leave medicine and do something else.
I matched path this year.
Mass eye and ear, history of taking IMG's but those who have done research there.
Thanks for the input.
I'll try for it..
I'm a FMG, that just matched in optho, so I can tell you that it is hard, but definetly possible.
Hai balbc,
Would u mind sharing ur credentials? Hai girl interrupted, u asked a question in one of my posts I did not get a prelim in ophthal. What I meant was I got prelim IM. I did ophthal residency in India.
i had a friend of mine who matched into ophthal at mass eye and ear... it can be done... he went to medical school in pakistan... did two yrs of research, scores 99/95... don't let anyone discourage you... good luck...
2004 IMG graduate from Mexico, 1.5 years for research fellowship by the time I applied. 91,99,PASS.
6 months rotations at excellent academic center in the US during medical school, including an optho rotations in a top eye institute. No publications, but 4 posters presentations by tiime I applied.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »