Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what after receiving the ECFMG certificate? - drkamalusmle
Hi guys, kindly anyone can help me what to do next
I have just received my ECFMG certificate through Fedex, I do not know what`s next, r they going to send me my transcripts or do I have to pay for it, any help is most appreciated
what`s ur opinion about my chance in getting residency in IM , my certificate as follows:
218,224,pass all from the first time ,YOG 2006 ,, I am doing IM residency at my home country Yemen.
thxx in advance
no they will not send transcripts and you really dont need them if you are participating in the Match. ERAS will have a copy of your transcript and will send it to programs as you apply.

No one can tell you your chance. There are people with high scores that dont Match, people with low scores that do Match, and of course people with high scores that Match and low scores that dont. But I will say year of graduation is a very big factor so you will be at a disadvantage...but since you are doing residency in home country that may help a little, but still, competing against people who graduated less than 5 years ago is very tough. Make sure to take step 3 as well....thats very important especially for old grads. GL
agree with above YOG will harm you more than anything else which is unique as only the US does this!
Many programs hesitance to take old YOG is understandable as many of these folks have already done residency before or have had long gaps post-residency. Recently graduated medical students should be given priority to get the opportunity to train in US residencies.
thxxx alot guys for ur reply,even my YOG will harm me ,but as u said no body knows for sure what will happen and I have to try my best to improve my CV.of course I am going to prepare for step 3 and hopefully I can clear it soon.
pleaaase anyone can provide me with a link tht might help me in looking for observship/externship in USA , and looking for programs tht might accept old grad.

one more thing,anyone has the FA for the match 5th edition in a pdf,my email is drkamalusmle
thxxxx alot again
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »