Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To maturefmg-please give me your suggetions - pprasa
I am a FMG with GC,97 grad,step 1 78(2 att.),step 2 80 (3 att.).
I worked as a med. assistant for past 3y(cardiology clinic),
one publication in cardiology,now working in anes, dept. in
university hospital as re. assistant.

Last year I am late to apply(certified in Dec 2004),this year
I applied 130 programs in Fm,Im,Peds & got only one interv.
I did not match & no luck in the scrumble.

Please advice what I should do to improve my application in
next year? Do externship & step 3 or what?

Thank you.
the only thing i can think of is apply to more programs. give each a call first before applying to know the updated requirements. apply to community/rural programs. it doesn't matter where you get in. what matters is you get in. then work from there.

im hoping you could show excellent work ethics to your boss so you can ask for good LOR's and maybe even personal calls. some division directors actually endorse some assistants to resodency program directors when they know them enough.

dont lose hope yet man. last year when i was scrambling there were some available postions up for grabs specially when a first year resident suddenly decides to quit. i didn't make it there coz i received the news too late. there is also this website called findaresident.com i registered but it was of little help to me. but it maybe effective for you.

there was one hospital i interviewed with that have old graduates. and i mean old. some of them are in the late 40's. so its not over. maybe difficlut but not impossible.

i have received tips about getting step 3 to increase your chances. so i would also say yes.

you can also email me at matureFMG i know its tough ill try to give more advice as i can.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »