Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long does it take for ecfmg cert? - shigatox22
guys i will receive my diploma in mid march- after i receive my diploma and fill out the papers for certification and send them to ecfmg how long does it take to get the certificate in the mail-

my worry is will i have enough time when i get my diploma in mid march along with the time that ecfmg takes to get the certification document to apply for the initial MD license in time?

thank you please help for anyone knowledgeable on this matter
Hi Shigatox

How are you doing? Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. But do you know that Is USMLE/ECFMG ID same or different? This is asked when you register for NRMP.

How many interviews did you get ?
GL
Don't know if this will help, my situation isn't identical to yours...I did the USMLE exams after finishing medical school, my ECFMG certificate came in the post exactly one week after completing Step 2 CK. (Had done Step 1 and CS prior).
strange case , I hope you get it on time body.
Once you have your file, your school can start the paperwork right away and you should have the ECFMG cert w/in two weeks.
@drraper can my school send a copy of the diploma while i am waiting myself to receive MD by mail to speed the process? or can i only send it when i have the physical MD?

Also when did u apply for you initial state license and when did u confirm that you received you temp initial training license?

im just woried that i might be pushing it too close?

any other input

thanks
do you get the certification by email or mail?
mail @wynn
@shigatox you don't need a physical copy to get the ECFMG certificate. Once your file is closed by the school then your school should start the process with ECFMG. They can transmit the date of graduation to start the ball rolling.

If you went to a carib school (like I did) the process is very fast and you should have your cert within two weeks.

thanks drraper i too went to a carib school. So that's a relief to hear.

did u also apply for ecfmg cert via you school while waiting for your diploma in the mail?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »