Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding USCE - aimhighbuthowhigh
Guys,

I've applied to medical assistant positions and the only thing I was able to get was medical interpreting in a very important hospital. Is this USCE? On SDN, students that had interpreting in their applications for medical school, it was considered usce. Why not for residency?

Thanks.
It isn't USCE, and you aren't the first to ask so let us clear this up once and for all

Are you performing a physical exam as an interpreter?
Are you involved in proposing the management of this patient?
Are you writing the admissions, progress notes, or consult notes on this patient?

The answer is no, don't try to pass this off as USCE or even an observership. It is what it is, a job as a translator.

Still not convinced... fine, just ask yourself, Is a translator at the United Nations a diplomat?

your job is an integral part to providing excellent care to your patients, but you are just translating that is it.

good luck
Dude,

You come off as rude. But still, I'll answer your questions with questions.

Am I performing a physical exam as an interpreter? No. Of course not. In fact, as an observer, you can't do that either. I live in America, and that plus your second question on proposing management, is not really allowed unless you're talking about an externship position that clearly mentions HANDS-ON (these, BTW, are few and far in between).

Also, can you stop answering this question in particular? You seem very active on the forum mostly to bring that very negative twist.

Thanks anyway, kash.
I answered your question, and I'll answer it again if I want too.

You may call it negative, I like to think it is realistic.

If you don't appreciate practical advice, then don't take it, go ahead and pass off your job as USCE, PDs will appreciate it.

Sorry I don't have emojies to help you interpret my tone.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »