Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused while ranking these programs. - confusedaf
Any input is greatly appreciated.

jersey shore, NJ ( Nicest hospital but only joint fellow with RWJ)
Brooklyn Hospital center ( card, gi, hem/onc fellow) but apparently so much workload
Presence st. joseph, IL ( nice location but no fellowship)
Presence st. fancis, IL ( suburb but residents seem to do really well with almost 100% board passing rate in the last 10 years)
mercy hospital, IL( sketchy neighbourhood, but the faculties seem really nice and really like the tumor board during the interview)

me: i want to go into fellow, GI or nephro. or become a hospitalist.
thanks guys.
Look...Forget doing GI, seriously....with those programs your chances are next to nothing unless you have great connections in high places. Go for nephro or even better HOSPITALIST (it's a really good deal nowadays).

Having said that, it doesn't matter where you go...because nephro is attainable anywhere. Go where you'd be more happy.

please share more experience on Presence st. fancis, IL- thank you... i felt i had good experience esp since PD lead morning report, i didnt really get a sense of the work load but the residents seems very enthusiastic, mostly IMG's...it was a nice small community hospital..wat are your other thoughts on this program? also did u get any feedback from PD or APD?
Thanks for your input @handsome88. @shigatox22, yeah at first i dont like the location of st francis but my opinion is changed a lot on the interview day. The residents are really nice and they seem genuinely happy there and apparently their fellowship match rate is really good too. I did not get any feedback from pd or apd tho. Do they send you email or anything?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »