Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Board Pass Rates??? - dhstudent05
Hello colleagues, Regarding board pass rate for IM, why do people mention this when talking about various programs? I thought that regardless of where you train, ABIM is just like the USMLE where you have to prepare on your own to have success? Can you all please enlighten me on this confusing matter as I finalize my ROL..

Thank you
I believe if the institution has a strong academic foundation, this contributes tremendously to a high board pass rate for the program. Yes of course residents have to study adequately for the test but I believe training in a facility that's highly focused in teaching helps in sustaining a high pass rate.
Thank you bro, does having a higher score in the exam grant better job opportunities, or is it strictly pass or fail?
Frankly I'm not sure but I doubt that. I think once you pass your boards and become board certified, no one asks for scores. What might be taken into consideration is the institution where you trained and perhaps recommendations, when in comes to having better opportunities moving forward.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »