Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug testing - sherlock
Do all programs do drug test? Is it systematic or random? When do they test us, I mean how long before the start of the program.
Before being all judgmental, it's nothing illegal, I am self medicating myself with Benzos for anxiety and insomnia.
both .. can be random at any point

According to what I read on other forums, it varies from a program to another, and sometimes by speciality. e.g Anesthesia
Some programs don't do it at all, others do it at the start of residency and others do it randomly.
However, the test results are usually not reported to the PD and others if you have your legal prescription with you, if you are still suspicious don't use it before starting the residency.
But vital advice would be to never tell your program of medical issues you have, its your right to keep them for yourself, so it doesn't affect their judgment on you.
Good luck.
There is no way to self prescribe during residency, so you should either seek a prescription from a us md or stop taking those meds before u start residency.
And wad bout weed? When is the first drug test? How long does cannibs stay in your system?
This is for a 'friend'.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »