Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACLS course - usmle135
hi can anyone guide me about ACLS course? Where to start any how to prepare. thank you.
You don't really have to prepare for it. I just took it over this weekend, and it was a lot easier that I thought it would be.
All you have to do is show up and pay attention during the class. They go over the things you have to know multiple times. If you already registered for your course they should have sent you a pre-test and the handbook. So I'd recommend going over the pre-test, just to assess yourself. You can also look over the basic EKG rhythms (tachy, brady, AV blocks), if EKG is not your forte. Don't bother with the handbook, it's way too much information.
But really - don't stress out. Most of it is common sense and basic concepts, especially for someone with an MD.

Now, if you were a nurse..that's a totally different story! Those people were scared poopless.
But everyone ended up passing the class.
Hi guys
How we can get an ACLS course?
No need to take it. Your program will give you the training during orientation.

It depends on the program. My program requested all interns to be ACLS certified prior to the orientation.
But there's definitely no need to take it before you match somewhere. Who knows, you might end up in the program that pays for the course. Mine didn't, so I had to take it. And it's not a cheap course. I paid $350, because I also had to do a BLS course.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »