Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cs experience - homer333
I took my cs 2 days ago, and am freaking out now, I started to remember my mistakes in the exam and am worried if am gonna pass or not. I missed one closure because time at one case I thanked the sp but I forgot to tell him that I have an emergency and that I will be back because it was my first case and I was nervous. The second case went fine but I had one diagnosis I was sure about and I explained it to the sp and I counciled him and went out and wrote 2 diagnosis in the pt notes. Third was ok and I got out before 2 mintues and wrote 3 full diagnosis. 4th was bad attitude sp. He was half wearing gown cuz he had shoulder problem I gave him good diagnosis but when I finished physical exam I put the gown as it was and not fully covered. 5th and 6th 7th were ok and I got out akso 2 mibtues earlier counciled and showed some empathy. 8th was ok too the problem is that I cant tell if the sp is satisfied with my performance or not in most cases. Even 9th 10th 11th and 2th were ok but I am still worried. I forgot some few parts in the physical in some cases.
The things that I am sure about

1- I knocked entered saying hello calling the names of the sp and shaking hands smiled introduced my self and took permission to ask questions and take notes
2- I asked how would like to be addressed in half of the cases and forgot to do so in other half am not sure
3- I said how can I help u. What brought u to the hospital to all of sp
4- I asked am sorry for your situation in most of cases
5- I made transition to pmh. Fh. Woman health . Sh in all cases
6- asked woman health in all female cases

7- washed my hands before exam in all cases. thanked most of sp for letting me examining them
8- closed all of my cases except first one
9- answered all challening questions in all cased
10- asked do you have any question for me
11- shaked hands at the end and thanked them

The problem is you cant tell if they are happy with me or not and with my mistakes I am really worried now
No comments common guys !!!!
Homer333...stop freaking out. You'll be fine. You did the major n important stuff..and you are not supposed to make the SPs happy...you did what you were required to do..now just relax n pray..

Good luck..
Thank you usmlebee07 for your words. You know at the time I got out of the test I was happy that I was done with the exam and now flashbacks come to my mind. But I will try to relax and enjoy as you said.
Hi Homer333.... congratulations on having done your cs. seeing the things u have done above i think u will pass for CIS and SEP components BUT for ICE which is the most critical part we cannot comment.
All DEPENDS ON YOUR PNs PERIOD. how were your PNs kindly describe.
or give us a demostration about ur PNs like they were upto the mark or not.
Thanks drmaria. I think I did average patient notes. And I ran out of time in two of them , I did not have time to type social hx meds and allerg in these 2 cases.
@homer333...
I messed up my first case..I ran out of time..cudnt even do the complete physical exam..but was still able to pass...you'll be fine too...relax for a few days and start ur preparation for the next step..
Good luck..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »