Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peds q1 self made - medplus254
A 6-year-old girl has increased work of breathing. Her father notes she has had cough and subjective fever over the past 3 days. She has been complaining that her “belly hurts” and has experienced one episode of posttussive emesis but no diarrhea. Her immunizations are current, and she is otherwise healthy. Her temperature is 99°F . Respirations are 18 breaths/min, and her examination is remarkable for decreased breath sounds at the left base posteriorly with prominent crackles. she has ear pain and some hearing loss but no discharge ear exam shows
http://imgur.com/ozAuz1d

what is the diagnosis?
Hi med! ppl just watchin yr Q(:I have some issue with Q here. Age? Her father notes she has had cough and subjective “fever” over the past 3 days and now 37.2 base line and pat got pneumonia but RR? & present bullous myringitis PE. In age b the Runts May Cough Chunky Sputum I take May for it.
Ty.
thanks cardio
yes not a great q ...i was thinking in age 5 plus child with sympotms of pneumonia mcc is mycoplasma and hence bullous myringitis ( hearing loss and ear pain)

i guess i just went too fast in thought to resigter pic of myringitis
"Runts May Cough Chunky Sputum"
viruses (Rsv)
Mycoplasma *MAY* close to your thinking(:
C. trachomatis /infants -3 yr
C. pneumoniae /phd lol children
S. pneumoniae

Thank u.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »