Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biostat Q - cinnamoncrunch
Answer WITH EXPLANATION please... thank you so much Smile

A large scale double-blind randomized clinical trails is conducted to assess the effect of a new aldosterone antagonist on the mortality and morbidity of congestive heart failure, class 3-4. 2,000 patients are enrolled: 1200 are assigned to the drug and 800 are assigned to placebo. According to the study results, patients treated with the new drug have improved survival (RR=0.85, 0-0.02) and decreased risk of hospitalization (RR=0.65, p
probably u did not post full question
weird...sorry thanks for letting me know @forumfriends
A large scale double-blind randomized clinical trails is conducted to assess the effect of a new aldosterone antagonist on the mortality and morbidity of congestive heart failure, class 3-4. 2,000 patients are enrolled: 1200 are assigned to the drug and 800 are assigned to placebo. According to the study results, patients treated with the new drug have improved survival (RR=0.85, 0-0.02) and decreased risk of hospitalization (RR=0.65, p
The investigators also report that 10 percent of the placebo group and 14 percent of the treatment group discontinued therapy and that an additional 6 percent of patients in the placebo group were prescribed a different aldosterone antagonist. it is described in the statistical methods that the analysis was performed using the 'intention=to treat' approach. which of the following is the best statement concerning the benefits of 'intention 'treat'
a. decrease placebo effect
b decrease observer's bias
c preserve the advantages of randomization
d measure the degree of non-complicae
e increase the power of study
for some reason i can't put it in one post so i separated the two
cc
Randomized controlled trials often suffer from two major complications, i.e., noncompliance and missing outcomes. One potential solution to this problem is a statistical concept called intention-to-treat (ITT) analysis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3159210/
great Smile
another solution for noncompliance and missing outcome is 'run-in phase or run-in period'
what is that?
see this q

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=812456
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »