Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biostat Q nbme 7 - cinnamoncrunch
A study is conducted to assess relationship between age and serum cholesterol level in 3 groups. group X consist of 50 childrens (ages 6 to 10), group Y consists of 50 adolescents (ages 12 to 16), Group Z consist of 50 adults (aged 21-25). the serum total cholesterol level is measured in all participants. Which of the following tests is most appropriate to compare serum total cholesterol level among group X, Y and Z in this study?

A: analysis of variance
B: chi-square
C: independent t-test
D: multiple logistic regression
E: paired t test
F: Pearson correlation

The answer is A but i dont understand that..i thought it was B. because aren't age and serum cholesterol levels categorical outcomes...can anyone shed some light i dont think i fully understand this.
nbme 16 A study is conducted of patients with restrictive airway disease who have BMIs above normal. Results show a significant correlation (r = –0.25) between body fat and lung capacity. Which of the following is the most accurate conclusion based on these data?

Increased body fat is associated with higher lung capacity
Increased body fat is associated with lower lung capacity
Twenty-five percent of individuals with increased body fat have a higher lung capacity
Twenty-five percent of individuals with increased body fat have a lower lung capacity
No relation exists between body fat and lung capacity

Can someone answer and explain it for me?
q1 for mean more the 3 group you do ANOVA cause you are testing only cholesterol level only n not other variables.
if they were to ask to compare % or proportion of serum cholesterol level in diff age group then chi square

q2 if r positive = positive corelation if negavtive = negative corelation here r =-2.5 which is B
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »