Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to get to Brooklyn from NYC bus terminal - letmeinwillyou
Hi guys,
I have to travel to NY via bus and want to get to Brooklyn from the Port Authority greyhound bus terminal, what are my options?

1. Take a taxi - how much does it cost? Will I get stuck in teh traffic jam and rack up $100 in cab fare? What's typical fare and time for the cab from NYC to Brooklyn?

2. I have never taken NY Subway, is that an option? My concern there is when I get off at a Brooklyn station, how do I get a Taxi?

3. Signed up for Uber..how do their taxis work is it still meter based? They seem to give an estimate and I wonder if that's kinda flat rate?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!
NY Subway is the cheapest option to travel to Brooklyn..it's 10-15 minutes walk to Times Sq station from PA greyhound ..If you want to take train,I will reocmmend to download NYC SUBWAY app which helps you which trains you need to take ...
Yellow Taxi costs you $40-$50 depends where you want to go in Brooklyn
Uber and trains are both options to get around Brooklyn as well.
Hope it helps.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

In order to not be stressed out about getting familiar with NY subway as a female who is travelling to NY for the first time, Taxi seems like a good option.

haha, take the subway! Download a nyc subway app that has the subway map on it. Plug your destination into google maps and it will tell you which trains to take. Every subway stop has the name of the station all over it, just track where you're heading with the map

Either pay $2.75 for a subway ride or the $50+ it will likely cost to take a taxi.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »