Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme test 4 for discussion 5 - drmaafo
no increase urination ( no increase in water intake )means not polydipsia

Urinary concentration is 40-220 for 24h so 124 is normal . SIADH is euvolemic hypo Na with urine inappropriately concentrated and also see Na here is at max normal (SIADH causes - Li , SSRI, hypoTh, adrenal insuffic., Carbamazepine)

nobody here is paying attention to glycemic 175 the only abnormal lab present

they distract us by saying schizo and we think polydipsia or SIADH without checking in details .

Answer B Which of the following is the most likely cause of this patient's laboratory abnormality?

as i don't see any other lab abnormality ( and i don't have it at my wrong answers )
so it's likely you chose B?
yes
It's good we're going over these questions -- one can't afford to miss any detail!
thanks so much for catching that -- a very tricky question!
it was going to be perfect to have off line NBME 4 and to go one by one through blocks.

This way will bring out their philosophy of asking things ;

as the way how they build the questions even is to test us how well we can make the difference btw our alternative answer . Often happened to me that when I'm running out of time still i do those questions correct and for the questions that lost my time thinking turned out that done more wrongs ( from UW ).
I've been contacting other folks. If I ever get offline NBME 4, I'll send it out. I do agree with what you're saying.
Well if we FOCUS On the Glucose LEVEL than than is caused definitely Risperidone (Risperidal ) !!!
I agree
Again if you are saying the most common cause of the lab abnormality -the hyperglycemia of 175 is Risperidal !!!!!!!EEE
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »