Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shall I rank Flint programs really low bcoz..? - sanjay_here
I heard and read in news that Flint is called the "Muder capital" of USA, has very high crime rate, poverty rate is on the increase and even the major grocery stores are closing. To make it worse, the water crises has hit them. People are relocating to other areas due to toxic levels of lead in water. People cannot drink nor bath in Flint water. I had ranked flint programs higher but now I am having second thoughts. Any input regarding ranking Flint programs?
Murder capital*
Sounds like Flint needs quality healthcare more than ever. You don't need to live in Flint you can live in a nicer area 30-40 minutes away. Rank Flint on the quality of their program and whether you want to train there.
If you match at Flint make sure you import all your water from outside Michigan. Otherwise you'll get LEAD poisoning.
If this frightens you then do not rank NY, DC, Baltimore, Atlanta, Memphis, LA, Philly, Boston, or any other major US city since all these go up and dpown as the "murder" Capital
Good point on the water.....if you go to Flint you should only drink bottled water bought from a store. Thats what most people do anyway.
i have the same question...i was planning to rank it high as its the only program close to family but this water issue is reallly makin me question it.... Undecided
Flint's water supply was switched back to Detroit's in October 2015, so now the water is good!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

buy bottled water and drink that. Otherwise no issue and I would not rank a program lower because of this crisis. Flint folks may need doctors more than ever.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »