Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year of graduation - oldgrade10
Hello,

I have question about year of graduation. Do all the programs strictly follow requirement criteria for year of graduation? If you have good scores and good CV, do they ignore year of graduation? Has anybody with YOG>5 year got interview in program whose requirement is YOG within 5 years? Does master degree (MPH) for US help to counter YOG?

I will really appreciate your response. I have good scores and CV, but my YOG is 2010. I want to apply for 2017 match.
how much green card helps to get FM or IM residency?
They usually follow the YOG rule, but is not unusual that an IMG friendly program would make an exception for highly qualified candidate
Good luck... Do not think too much... Do what you have to do and prepare for the interviews when you have them. Nobody knows...
hey ! good scores and a good cv will definitely overcome old yog. I got 3-4 interviews from programs with >5 yog. I m 8 yrs since graduation. I got a total of 12 interviews. So cheer up and aim for high scores and get as much usce as possible
Most programs filter out candidates with an old YOG irregardless of scores out other accomplishments. Once you are filtered you cannot overcome an old YOG.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »