Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MATCHING help please -
vani

HI, i have had step 1 scores of 92 and step 2 , 90, and i havent yet done my CSA , but wat worries me more is not the scores but my ACADEMICS, i was right in top 5 in the class all through till 3rd year when it was catastrophic the FINAL year in med school here in INDIA. my professors were corrupt and i culd not pay them exhorbitant bribes. SINCE most of them had paid, i was an odd gal out and he made me take the final year again. PLEASE help me to know if such academic disastor without it being ur fault would matter when i apply for MATCHING. i intend to do surgery, i just dont have any clue about this as for now, PLEASE HELP all samaritans
mrk

Hi Iam from India too--got good scores,reasonable grades and strong letters but I was failed in one of my fourth year subjects for similar reasons you told--I had failed to give the bribe which in our case was a 1/2bottle of liqour and a pack of cigs! I dont believe such utter nepotism of which we were a victim can affect our chances of matching--it cannot affect our destiny at all if we keep our faith in the power of selfless service, the nobility of our profession and in our-Self.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »