Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Motivation help me please - njotv
I'm an old graduate IMG, this is my second year applying to a residency position without success I got 3 interviews each year in family med and internal med . My 7 yrs limit to take all my step 3 in 2 yrs and 5 months. I have been studying for 1 month just UW and MB with a average of 50%. I have 3 part time jobs as a medical assistant/clinical instructor and scribe in 2 different medical and lecturer in a local University, I really feel overwhelmed, I am married and I have a daughter. My father is dying colon cancer stage 4 since 8 months ago. I been praying a lot but no response yet. I really don't know what to do or how to act I feel hopeless. My dream is to become a really good Dr to help people. I need an advice please guys I never posted nothing here please if somebody have similar issues please share and lets motivate each other. Thank you
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
Manito, No worries, God has a plan for each one of us. You know everything that I went Trough, even worst with the kids and if I made it I have no doubt you will make it as well. Tu eres un tigueraso, and the one of the most determine, secure and smart person I have ever met in this forum. 6 years ago and is like if we have known each other for ever. Yo estoy aqui para ti y de Nuevo mil disculpas, preparate que le vamos a dar duro al step 3. YO VOY A TI!!!
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

Gracias por tus palabras manita. I will wait for your call. Saludos
I think you have been doing well..Just focus on one area which I would say family medicine. Write SOP where you tell what you went through. And def. your 3 jobs will help you alot..you have a good profile to be family physician i would say
Thank you very much ranjit_buttar. I will keep studying hard
Finish step 3..and definitely clear in one go

How old a graduate r u? and wats ur status?

If very old i would advise o target a program which offers residency in say family/IM and also gives obsies or externship/research opportunties and has a history of taking those who did work there..it would be better than aiming at too many targets and anyhow it would act as USCE even if it didnt work out at that place

Build contacts no matter how..frnds frnds frnds or watever..some ppl have even went to Family med conferences to get introduced to doctors and build from there.. but yeah they wld cost money i guess and not sure if its ideal for u...

Hope u r getting paid at the places work or else u r better off looking for a paid research position.especially wid the responsibilities u have

Thank you for your words omalizumab890. 2006 graduate. Definitely I will follow your advice. I have several contacts in several residency programs but they just want step 3 and that's the only excuse they give me. So right now I need to focus to pass it. Thank you for motivate me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »