Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody plz - sud
hi, i am seeing lot of people are asking this question. can anybody help me.
i am a graduate of 2002, with scores of 91and 83, CS passed all in ist attempt. i have a 3 year residency in Internal medicine in my home country completed now and have a research publication too.
plz let me know what are my chances to get the residency in 2007 i internal medicine.
your chances are very good with your good scores and your PG experience, and would become better if you get some US clinical experience.
Apply to good number of programs ( few university and many community hospitals).
The last main step in my opinion is how well you perform during the interviews.

Good luck.
thnaks arzo, it was very encouraging.
but i think it is tough to get the USCE. does getting s LOR from doc who is working in pvt hospital helps? or a research volunteer?
thanks
no one here can give you a definite percentage of your chances of getting into a residency program.

where you apply to and your 'all-round' application (scores, letters, experience, publications, etc) help you get one foot in the door so to speak, with regards to getting you an interview.

the rest, is up to your interviewing skills.
Dear sud, as quirky said, no one can gurantee anything, but remember that every small thing puts you one step ahead of the rest of us.
I myself didnt have any USCE, but I had some research and observership experience in Canada.

Once again, it is better having a LOR from a pvt clinic or reaserch volunteer than having nothing. I hope it helps.
Gl.
arzo,

I am also from Canada and need some sort of research and observership experinece. Do you mind telling me where in Canada you did this. Your help would be greately appreciated. Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »