Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACLS in canada? - doctor_doctor
hi all,

does anybody know if doing the ACLS in canada would be as if i were to do it in the US?

in the eras they ask if u did the American ACLS.....but the ACLS in canada is practically following all AHA guidelines (same book also).....so does anyone have any info about this?

good luck to all!
I had the same question. I checked with my program about the ACLS course in Canada. They said it should be fine as long as the course is taught in 'accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association'. They asked me to doublecheck with the course provider. Anyone else?
well i would think it is taught in 'accordance with the curriculum of the AHA'......since the book is........
anybody???
the thing is, is it worth the $340 to take the ACLS in canada if it wouldn't be recognised in the US?
doctor_doctor,

As far as I know US recoginizes ACLS done in Canada. For that matter of fact they even recoginze the experience and medical qualifications if obtained in Canada. I am also from Canada. Where in Canada do you live. I am in Ontario.
thanks for ur reply startrek,

i was in ontario, now in SK.......i know that MOST stuff done in canada is recognised in the US......LCME-accreditation, etc.......but this might be a specific that needs to be ask about specificly........problem is, who to ask??????
by the way.......would an observership done in canada be equivalent to one done in the US?.....in other words, if in the website of a program u plan to apply to, they say 6 mo's USCE......would this suffice?
Canadian observership is I think not recognized in the US. I have a friend who is from Canada and she said that Canadian observership is nothing....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »