Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dilemma!!! need some advice - doc97usmle
Just to begin, my credentials are bad: step 1-210 passed on 1st attempt), step 2 ck-227(2nd attempt), step 2 cs-passed on 1st attempt, few publications.
Guys, I have some of my close friends doing residency in some programs in Int med. But I haven't been able to ask them to recommend me for an interview in their programs, because I feel low due to my bad scores and I don't want them to judge me based on my scores.
One part of me thinks like that; the other part of me has been telling me in my mind to take chances by telling them about it. I am so confused.
Have you guys been in the same situation? How do you think I should handle this situation?
Your suggestions would mean a lot to me.
Ask for help. At some point in life, others may judge us low/high. DO not take it too seriously.
I have a similar situation like you, I asked my my peers in residency for interviews, but they never asked me about my scores and I didn't tell them.
If a situation arises and they do ask, then yes I'll tell them honestly ofcourse. But for now I didn't tell them as it is so embarassing to me.

I dont know what I m doing is right, just taking my chances
Thanks resiseeker and hirschsprung for the suggestions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »