Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice regarding US visa for attending IVS - amreshkumar88
Hello Dear all residency applicants,

Hope everybody is doing well with the residency interview process. I am also a residency applicant for this year and have received 12 Interviews so far. I am done with all the USMLE steps and have been to US 2 times in past 1st time on B1/B2 visa for taking USMLE Exams and 2nd time on doing 1 year of research on J1 research scholar visa. I came back to my home country in September 2016 after applying in the residency match and applied for visit visa B1/B2 two times from my home country but unfortunately, it was rejected both the times. The first time it was rejected when I applied for the visa in September 2016 for doing clinical observership and attending the IVS although I did not have any interviews at that time and I told the visa officer that I am expecting the interviews from October onwards. 2nd time I reapplied for the visa in October 2016 on the basis of 12 IVS but again it was rejected. I need some guidelines regarding this issue and will appreciate if somebody has been through this situation in past and can guide me then it will be very helpful to me.

Thanks.
This is very odd and there must be a red flag somewhere for them to deny your visa if you were in the US before.
"Complex" country of origin? Did you overstay your visa? Lost an I94 (before)?

Take a copy of the invitations to interview along with numbers and contact names for them to verify these if needed.
If you have more difficulties, ask a program for a formal letter inviting you to interview.
Take copies of your residency application along with the programs you applied to, the ones that gave you an interview, your ECFMG certificate, etc. Everything you have to prove that you need the visa to interview here in the US.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »