Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice - cardiovert29
I applied for residency this year and only ended up with 4 interviews. Applied to IM and FM, 150+ programs. Caribbean Non US IMG here with 230+ on both Step 1 and Step 2. First pass on CS. YOG 2016.

The chances of obtaining a match with 4 interviews are pretty slim so I am trying to be proactive and figuring out ways to improve my application for next year.

Apart from giving Step 3, what can I do within the next year to improve my application for the 2017-2018 season? How do I pursue research opportunities? How do I go about setting up observerships? What about externships?

I know this is a very competitive forum and not everyone likes to share information but I am desperate and demoralized and have no one else to talk to.

Thanks. I hope I can pay it forward to other members on this forum when I am in the position to do so.
Why do you think 4 IVs are less some IMG will tell you that you are ok
You definitely have a chance to match with 4 interviews. I wouldnt give up my hopes yet. In fact interview offers are still coming in due to cancellations. In fact i myself received 2 more interviews this week.

If you dont end up matching, then i guess Step 3 and doing some USCE will be helpful. As a IMG, it's very hard to get externships/observerships unless you have contacts. I had to do a paid externship through a commercial company. It cost a lot of money but it is an investment and i believe that it helped me get my interview offers.

There is still hope. Sometimes all you need is one interview to match! Stay optimistic!
No hope here shit this guys a idiot 4 IVs and hes crying I know people w 2
Administration,
Can you kick off strength69
Oh shit up paisa!!!
Oh look at me look at me I need a pat on the back cuz I have an inferiority complex guys I have 4 IVs and boohoo I won't match so what do I do next year boo hoo .

What a D bag you have 4 IV people have 1.
You have an awesome cv with great scores
You will get all the possible matches
Trust in yourself
Sit back and relax and see you hardwork getting paid
Good luck broSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »