Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership ......plz help - learningg
-I am interested in FM residency. And looking for info on Observership availability in a nearby hospital which has both internal medicine and family medicine residency programs. Should i contact program Coordinator of internal medicine program OR Family medicine program. I am not sure whether both programs are totally independent Or internal medicine is the major Specility controlling family medine regarding such things. Thanks a lot
Internal medicine and family practice are 2 different programs. Contact both program directors. Don't be greedy when you try for observership. Try all other programs too.
@moneygram...thanks

- I intend to email the programs but would not emailing PC rather than PD be more appropriate for this info i am looking for. I intend to request for Externship/Observership which ever possible.

- By....don't be greedy....You mean one should not insist if they say No as an answer.?

Thank you very much for the guidance.......................Regards.
Try everyone and anyone anywhere.
It is very difficult to get one these days so apply broadly for it too.
use connection/s if any. Now, you need connections for this too.
@heartlocker............Thank you
You need to try all avenues and possibilities. You never know where an opportunity or rotation can come from. Observerships are seen as very weak usce by residency program directors. But I would suggest to email and call until you are answered for IM and FM. However, if interested I have a list of elective rotations. My mail is Anaya.rettaa
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »