Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Stupid Q People Ask All The Time ! - abcd77
The most stupid question people ask is “What are my chances?”

Now the match is over. You will see this question posted every day in this forum and in others too, mostly by repeaters. They would post their credentials and then ask that question again and again.

Well, quite frankly the answer to this is “No one knows.”

There is no person present on planet earth that can exactly tell you what your chances are of landing into your desired residency spot.

The two most important factors for a successful match are your USMLE scores and your interview performance.

Your scores get you to the interview table and rest of the journey is determined by your interview performance. At the interview table, a person with a USMLE score of 195 and that with 295 are EQUAL. They will take the one who they would like the most. There is no f**king “Merit list” at the interview.

I strongly believe, that a person with very low USMLE scores but with Stellar PS, good CAF and strong US LORs can still be invited for an interview and after excelling in it can get a residency spot. On the hand, a person with very high USMLE scores but with poor personality and poor performance at the interview would defiantly fail in getting a residency spot. That’s the bottom line, my friends.

Your single most important factor in successful match is your interview performance which can literally make or break you.
well said @abcd777
Amen to that. This is very true. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »