Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed - drgab
I am an IMG with YOG 2010. I have passed step 1 with a low score on 2nd attempt. I have passed cs but have not yet given my step 2 ck exam. I wanted to know whether it would be advisable to retake the step 1 exam again after 7 years of passing it the first time & try to get a high score. Would this be considered negatively by residency program directors?
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
Spammers like AMIQT are just annoying.

The main issue with waiting is that your YOG is 2010. You're already a very old graduate 8 years out of medical school for the next match season. If you wait it will keep adding years to your profile.

The question is not whether it will be considered negative. The issue is that with your YOG, no matter how high the score, you may not be considered at all.
Thanks for your reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »