Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMA certified Hands-on Externship - parthbh
Hello Doctors,

I have recently completed a one-month rotation at Somerset Family Medicine in Michigan. My experience has been extremely satisfying and rewarding at this place. The preceptor, Dr. Jaddou, is a very kind, knowledgeable and friendly doctor who gives you the autonomy to interact with patients on your own. This, in my opinion, is the unique thing about this place. Instead of merely shadowing, you actually get to do EKG, UA, suture removals along with many other procedures. His two clinics situated in Troy and Sterling Heights, which are very safe areas to live. I would highly recommend Somerset Family Medicine to anyone looking for US Clinical experience. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will be glad to help.

-Parth
Did you have to get a malpractice insurance?
And what do you mean by AMA Certifired ?
AMA approved? It's just a private clinic that exploit IMGs and then give a crappy generic useless letter after working you 60 hrs a week . Don't fall into the scam of this selfish business minded jerk Jaddou.
Agreed! Actually I'm already a resident, but I don't want anyone to fall into this BS.
1st, private clinics are worthless! It basically better than nothing to fill your CV.
To get near any patient you need a malpractice insurance! Otherwise you could get in trouble.
Leaning how to remove sutures and doing UA is a crap! And will not add anything.
Plz don't fall into this or anything like it.
Yes do such thing to fill the gaps and only if for free.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »