Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Clinical electives to choose ? - themost
I am expecting my graduation around Jan 2018 and I am planning to do clinical electives in US before step1.

I heard that when you do electives in a very competitive place, it is very difficult to obtain an LOR and also we get only a generic LOR unless we perform exceptionally good. Is this true ? So, is it wise to do electives at a decent place and try to get an LOR? I'm so confused over this.

Also I'v heard somewhere that apply to universities that are known to take IMG in their residency programs, So that you will have a LOR from the same institution when you go for an interview and you might get matched their itself. Is this true ?

I am an IMG
Please rank the following (Considering LOR and IMG friendliness if it true)

FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
University of illinos medical
University of alabama
Hackensack Med university
Mt sinai

I'm also considering to apply to Weill cornell and Yale ( they don't need step1 ) and try my luck.
Yes
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
it is correct
In my experience step 1 is required for clerkship but thats not always the case. You will just need to do your due diligence to find out about the requirements. Regarding LOR, i believe it is attending dependent. You just got to do the best you can to impress. Always be on time, know your patient well, offer to present journals/topic discussion, be nice to everyone, and never complain. Good luck!
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »