Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on LORs - oldgrade10
Hello,

I need opinion on LORs. I am going to apply for IM. I will get total 4 LORs. Three LORs are from Research from teaching hospitals. One LOR from private clinic mostly focus on observership. Do you think lor from private clinic has some kind of waitage for application? I am working full time, so I am unable to do observership in teaching hospital
*weightage
A letter focused on your clinical performance will carry weight no matter what type of institution it came from. With three other research letters, that letter will be critical.
Hi,
I am an IMG and I did some clinical electives in Dec 2014 and I asked my consultants if its possible for them to write my an LOR when I plan to apply. I plan to apply for the 2018 match in IM. I have been in contact with them since then, almost every 3/4th month. I asked them a few weeks if they can write me an LOR and they agreed. My question is, having LORs although written in June/July/August of 2017 about elective experiences so long ago..would that be harmful to my application? I have a few more LORs from externships i did this year, but because i know these consultants longer, im hoping that they might have more things to write about me. Would really appreciate some insight into this.
its helps.. but what matters is what kind of experience they are showing whether it is externship or observership... externship experience helps a lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »