Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here is my scores and credentials >>plz help!!! - jackpot89
Hi guys.
im IMG , YOG is 2013
Step 1 is 217
step 2 CK is 228
others: 1 research in home country ( not published yet), running volunteer work nowadays, no clinical gaps by far except for few days, some conferences and workshops
I am interested in IM, not taken CS yet, planning to apply for the next match.
Honestly is there any chance for me? and what could i do to enhance my CV and lifting my chances up?
I'll appreciate any input, hope to hear from you
thanks in advance.
Step2 Cs step3 Us experience. Good luck!
Of course you have chance of getting into an IM residency, scores are just one part of your CV, and as frontallobe said... getting a good score in your step 3 is a good way to improve it; but the most important is to get US clinical experience and good US LORs.
thank you so much guys for the positive vibes
I've really got overwhelmed by the scores despite good assessment ones.
as you said I'll proceed and won't stop.
thanks a lot
try to get some US clinical experience which be the have good advantage in the application in the match
you will be having chances try to get some USCE experience which can strengthen your application
Hey I think you'd have a chance. You would probably get a few interviews and have a chance. Your numbers honestly are not that low, your step 2 shows a trend towards increasing. At this point if you've applied you could email programs and ask if they'll extend an interview. Worth a shot

-------------------
David @ http://
Thank you so much guys for shedding lights about what's important at this level. So it's like a consensus on USCE and Step3 beside the CS.
@David ; thank you for your enlightment! I'm really not familiar with the Match stuff bz I ain't take the decision for applying for this season. Honestly I've really broken down by the recent CK score despite the assessment scores of 245+ and some 255+. Sorry, it's really irrelevant and nonsense talk but it's kinda relieving for me to spit up what I feel in the past month, excuse me for this.
So I need to get to US ASAP to work with above advices. That was really helpful!. Thank you Guys for the good spirit and talk, this will help me so much to carry on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »